Easy Easter Bunny
Want the snuggly softness of a bunny rabbit without the mess of a new pet? Create an easy pom-pom bunny just in time for Easter! Kids will love creating their own personal pets, and you’ll love skipping the trip to the pet store.
By Amy Gordy Photography by Brian Chilson
- Thick, soft yarn
- Pom-pom makers in large and small sizes
- Invisible thread
- Sharp scissors
- Fabric glue
- Black pony beads
- Pink pony beads
- Pink felt
- Gray or brown felt
- White pom-poms
1. Wrap yarn around large and small pom-pom makers. Wrap it as thick as you can so your bunny will have dense fur. Once the yarn is wrapped, slide it off the pom-pom maker, tie a piece of yarn around the middle of it, and snip the loops all around. Use very sharp scissors to form the pom-poms into round shapes. Tie the large and small pom-poms together to create the body and head of your bunny.
2. Cut ear shapes from felt that matches the color of the pom-poms. Cut smaller ear shapes from the pink felt and glue the pink shapes inside the gray or brown ear shapes. Using fabric glue, attach ears to the bunny’s head.
3. Glue black pony beads as eyes on the bunny’s head.
4. Wrap invisible thread around a 5-inch pom-pom maker or piece of cardboard. Slide it off the form and tie it in a knot in the middle. Slide the knotted thread through a pink bead, and put a dab of glue inside to secure it. Snip both ends of the thread loops to create whiskers. Glue nose to bunny’s face.
5. Turn the bunny around and glue a white pom-pom to create a cottontail.